Since the recent rise in coconut oil many people are looking into different oils to fix their beauty related disasters whether it's hair that's fried within an inch of its life or whether you've burnt yourself with the straighteners. Oils are a savior when it comes to skincare and many people just want to turn their skincare routine up a notch! Shea Butter is just as fantastic as coconut oil, okay, it isn't edible and you can't cook with it but it does have an abundance of fabulous benefits that will keep you feeling and looking your best!
- Moisturizing: Shea butter is widely used for the moisturisation of dry skin and hair , many body butters these days are made with Shea butter and there are many hair masks and hair repair kits that contact the butter too. The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for both skin and hair. Dry elbows? Dry knees? Hair been bleached? Shea Butter to the rescue!
- Reduces Inflammation: A 2010 study into Shea butter and its properties found that the butter can actually be used to reduce swelling and inflammation, a property called lupeol cinnamate was found to potentially help avoid skin mutations such as scarring.
- Antioxidant Qualities: Shea butter contains vitamins A and E, these two vitamins help to protect the cells from bacteria and environmental damage.
- Restores Skin Elasticity: As well as vitamin A and E, Shea butter also contains vitamin F which is a vital ingredient for maintaining the skin’s elasticity. This helps to prevent stretch marks and also helps to even skin tone, hydrate and soften skin.
- Soothes Dry And Irritated Scalp: Shea Butter is extremely effective when used on skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, it's extremely moisturizing nature means that this can also be used on scalp and hair to prevent dandruff or even to soothe an itchy, sore scalp. Vitamins A and E help with both of these problems and also help to mend split ends, so whilst you're treating your scalp your hair's getting some loving too.
To browse our range of Shea Moisture products click here.